INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, passport details etc. the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
We collect information about you in connection with your booking, use, purchase or inquire about our services. The personal data includes but not limited to name, company name, identification number, gender, address, email address, telephone number, payment details, photos, videos, medical records, and travel details.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
• Provide, operate, and maintain our website and/or services, including to book your travel, tours and related products and services;
• Improve, personalize, and expand our website and/or services;
• Prepare itineraries, invoices and process transactions;
• Understand and analyse how you use our website;
• Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
• Communicate with you, either directly or through our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
• Send you emails;
• Find and prevent fraud;
• For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect personal data either from you, from your authorised representatives, from third parties, or from publicly available sources which may include but not limited to when making a reservation / booking with us, when you visit our website, when you contact us, when we collect information about you from third parties, when you interact with us via our social media account, via contractual agreement or arrangement, via telephone, fax, online chat, email, via third party travel agents, online portals and alike.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO 3RD PARTIES
Ameriasa collects, uses and discloses your personal data only for the purposes as stated above. We do not share, sell or distribute your personal data with unrelated third parties, except for processing your travel and tour arrangements. We may disclose your personal data to our business partners, associates and third-party service providers (in or outside Malaysia) when reasonably necessary, and on a need-to-know basis. Disclosure of your personal information may include but not limited to the following:
• To process and complete your travel and tour arrangements, your information is provided to third parties including service providers such as the airlines, hotels, tour and transport operators, cruise operators, destination management companies, travel insurance agencies and third-party intermediaries (for example, credit card companies and banks) as deemed essential whenever you purchase Ameriasa travel and tour products and services;
• As and when required by relevant law to disclose the personal Information.
Ameriasa follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit our websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
ADVERTISING PARTNERS PRIVACY POLICIES
Note that Ameriasa has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
THIRD PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.